Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Operation Vacation

Since three of my five children have been in school, I've been playing around with my sewing machine. I've taken a little time to rest before jumping into intensive language study and preschool with my two other children. This is what I ended up with.

It's made of quilt squares, an old blanket and a sheet. All of which were given to me from fellow missionary Kathy Hart in Mozambique. To be thrown together over the weekend, I thought it turned out fairly well.

This sweet thing is asleep in my bed right now.

And this pretty thing is sitting in one of my windows. I have no idea what it's called.

11 comments:

Tabatha said...

A job well done, I think. And I can't get over how much Trin looks like Faith, I had to look again to be sure in that picture.
Love you and miss you (watch your mail box here soon!!!)

Pam--in America said...

You did a great job! Especially considering what you had to work with and the time involved... it looks really lovely.

Those flowers are really pretty.. I wish I knew what they were.

Tabatha said...

Ha! Clean house goes with an empty house (keep the oxen, clean the crib) I took those pics just after a thorough cleaning of each room -- you don't want to see a "now" picture!!!

Anonymous said...

The quilt it pretty, but not as pretty as my Trin. I just want to lay beside her and kiss that sweet little cheek. I will be able to do that in about 6 weeks!
I cant wait to see you all......
amo-te Mom

Tori Leslie said...

Wow I'm totally impressed. Don't you be telling me you can't sew, now I know better.

Very nice!

Anonymous said...

The quilt is so pretty. It reminds me of quilts my mother made when I was a child. I'm glad you had a little time to do something therapeutic, fun, artistic and useful. I'm with Mimi, I want to kiss all those pretty cheeks. I pray it will be soon.

Love, Nanny

Starla said...

Beautiful quilt!!!!

Rita Loca said...

I love the flower!!!

Tracy said...

Wow...I love to sew too....but finding the time lately is impossible. Great job! Love the header by the way.

Grace said...

How pretty! You did a great job.

The Wallace Family said...

What a beautiful post! All the way around. I am very impressed with your quilting skills!