Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good-byes are Inevitable

Our guests left yesterday. It's sad around here.



Of all the time we've spent with guests over the last two years, Nanny and Papaw experienced by far, the worst weather Portugal has to offer.



That didn't stop us from doing things, although maybe it should have and we all wouldn't have ended up with head colds.



We finally got smart and found something to do indoors. The kids had been wanting to see the aquarium for some time now, so we loaded up and went to Porto.








Touching a starfish.



Our van seats seven people and there are seven people in my family, so we fill it up. When we have guests, we have to take 2 vehicles everywhere.

Brooklyn rode with me in our little "run around town" car while everyone else rode in the van. I thought she and I would have some great conversations.....but all she did was read. Guess I'm not as interesting as a book.


---------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, today, life is back to normal. After an incredibly busy December, I am looking forward to getting back to the usual. We have tons of things to catch up on. Including loosing the weight I gained during the holidays....ouch! I visited the gym this morning for the first time in a month. It was very ugly...but at the same time felt wonderful. I'm looking forward to getting everything "back on track".

Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

Yea, goodbyes are hard. But the hello makes up for the goodbye.

So glad you had such a wonderful time despite the weather. It's fun to show around "Americans" and be s o proud of "our" country. I know when folks come to Croatia I'm always so proud of Croatia. I love it and it obviously shows.

Anyhow, a gym, how nice is that? We don't have a gym in our small town but I could sure use one. I'm sure I'm up a few more pounds since I weighed. I'm about holiday goodied out. Ready for some lean food already.

Hope things fall back into place soon and life gets back to normal, I'm hoping that for me too!

Amrita said...

Happy New Year to all of you.

The pictures are so beautiful.

Aww you must miss Mum and Dad so much

Cathy said...

It must be so hard for them to leave, but I know God is with you and I know you know that too.

I'm with you on the weight gain. Went back to WW yesterday and was on the treadmill last night. Will have to quit blogging soon and get back on tonight. It's a start!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

...I do feel the same way about family and friends that visit and then have to leave... for me, it always takes a bit to get back into the "back to the way it was" routine...

as always...it is fun to see your photos. And I had to laugh when you mentioned "...Brooklyn rode with... all she did was read. Guess I'm not as interesting as a book." I inevitably fall asleep if I'm the car, in fact, when my hubby and I were first married and he was taking me around his island (the Big Island of Hawaii) showing me some sites... sadly, I did doze off on parts of the ride!

Blessings & Aloha!
(Thank you so much for stopping by!)

Unknown said...

I know what I will do, Nina! I will just add a ditto to my blog and say .. see Nina´s blog! jejeje. I just like yours better plus I think I could repeat a lot of what you wrote.

Here we go on to a new semester and back to the grind. I too am excited but a little aprehensive.
Can I stick to my self made schedule? Can I keep our household organized? Can I get to bed? haha

Big hugs! Love ya!
Dani
PS.. love your pics!